Planning to replace your old CRT set with a brand new LCD TV? In the run up to the festive season there would be plenty of mouth watering discounts and offers across the market. As prices go dipping the demand for LCD TVs is scaling the charts steadily. However, it would be detrimental to grab every offer coming your way. Decide the one that is likely to fetch you the best bargain. Hence, there are a few key points that need to be considered or kept in mind before hitting the market.
Here are some of the best tips to buy a LCD TV
- The number of pixels on the screen surface of an LCD TV remains fixed always. The idea is to hit upon a TV set offering the maximum number of native pixels. For a 23 inch screen size, the native pixel resolution varies between 1280×720 (720p) or 1366×768 (768p). A minimum level has been set and make sure not to settle for an LCD TV with a pixel count less than that.
- The process through which video processor of the Television matches the incoming signal resolution with the resolution of native pixels is known as scaling. Signals bearing lower resolution are made to undergo up scaling while those with higher resolution get downscaled in order to match the default native resolution of the TV set. Below the mark scaling can make a huge difference to the overall appearance of the screen.
- Till a few years ago a major weakness that marked LCD technology across the globe was the ability to project objects in motion with clarity. There has been a dramatic improvement in the condition recently. However, it would be wrong to expect all LCD TVs irrespective of the brand name to reflect the same progress. Hence, scan the manual carefully for details on the Motion Response Time. Where the LCD TV is likely to be used for watching sports or action movies, the response time should not dip below 4 milliseconds. Think twice before choosing a brand that has not got the response time enlisted.
- Another important factor measuring the quality of a good LCD TV is contrast ratio. It is a term indicating the difference in magnitude between the brightest and darkest parts of the image. Where the contrast ratio is low, dark images come out looking hazy while bright images don a pale look. Do not lose your way wandering aimlessly through a web of marketing strategies aimed at promoting the contrast ratio. Stick to static, ANSI or native contract while avoiding full off or full on or dynamic contrast.
- It is never possible to strive for a comfortable television viewing experience without ascertaining the quality of the brightness. The technical numbers printed on the manual are not meant to scare you off. Just make sure before buying that there is enough brightness to support visual peace.
- Inspect the LCD TV up front and from the corners. Side to side viewing angle panning a radius of 80 to 160 degrees is a special quality found in a majority of LCD TVs. Alert your self where the image starts fading within a distance of 45 degrees from the center spot.
1 thought on “LCD TV Buying Guide – Tips to buy a LCD TV”
I’m looking for an LCD TV 26″-29″ for $300-350. Whoever can find me one in good condition first gets 10 points.