Recently Google banned MasterNewMedia a PR7 blog from its search engine results. The author is still not clear about the reason for this worst nightmare.
Robin says that around 16,000 master new media blog posts have been penalized and removed from Google search result pages. Till last week the blog was at number one position in Google search results for the terms like “Independent publishers” now rank 504 in search results.
Author previously said that the reason for this penalty was Text Link Ads and some hidden text on blog, but in his latest post he says that there may be some other reasons like “Spam comments left on articles for long time or multiple domains pointing to same IP creating duplicate content”.
Author Robin is suffering many losses at the same time like, loss of $4000 of Adsense revenue, $3000 of Text link add revenue and mainly traffic loss of around 1/4 from 16,000 per day to merely 3000 a day. He can’t even pay the office and staff bills dues due to this disaster.
As I said this could be the worst nightmare for any independent publisher. If you don’t want to get penalized by Google take some lessons from Robins mistakes (May be some mistakes) . Follow strictly the Webmaster quality guidelines given by search engines like Google. After all Google is our bread and butter.
If you don’t have time to read all the Webmaster Quality guidelines I have summarized those for you here.
- Avoid “Cloaking”, means don’t show different pages to search engines and different to your readers. Always build the pages for users and not for the search engines. Don’t use page redirects and don’t create Doorway pages as well.
- Don’t participate in link exchange schemes running to increase the page rank. Stay away from web spammers or bad neighbors, as this may affect your ranking. In short don’t participate in any scheme that will try to artificially boost your ranking.
- Don’t send automatic or programmatic request to submit your pages, to check page rank etc. As these queries unnecessarily increase the server loads.
- Avoid hidden text and hidden links anywhere on your pages.
- Don’t use irrelevant keywords just to boost your ranking. Avoid domains creating multiple same pages or duplicate contents.
- For sites participating in affiliate programs make sure you have sufficient, logical unique and relevant content build for users only.
There are some more deceptive techniques in which you should not participate but violating the above listed guidelines may cause permanent removal of all your pages from Google index.
Last important guideline for Adsense publishers, Do not generate artificial add or page impressions and do not generate invalid add clicks.
Following these simple guidelines will benefit you as well as your readers. Be a proud publisher!